Sunday 21 July 2013

Necklace Organizer

Do you guys have a bunch of necklaces that keep getting tangled?

Well I did, so I came up with this super easy and cute jewelry organizer to store my necklaces.






Step 1: Get any cardboard box you have lying at home, and open it up keeping the edges intact.




Open the box with edges intact




















Step 2: Cut it like this to get the basic outline of your jewelry box.






Step 3: Next get a strip of cardboard the same height at the edges and put it in the middle of your box.



Step 4: Cover the entire box with fancy tape.  I used  two types of tape, you can use just one if you want.





Step 5: Get some sturdy paper and cut strips with the same height and width as the middle cardboard piece. Fold a bit of the paper horizontally so that this is easier to stick. Place these on you box.




Step 6: Next, take smaller strips and stick them as shown to further divide the box into smaller compartments.






Step 7: Do the same on the other half of the box. You can play around with the compartments as you like to suit your needs.





Step 8: Now comes the cover, which is optional. I took another piece of stiff paper and drew the outline of my box with pencil in the center of the paper.
Next, I drew lines around the center of the paper of the width equal to the height of the cover that I wanted and cut it out.








Step 9: I cut the squares at the edges as shown to make the process of sticking everything easier. Next, as predicted I stuck the edges together to make the cover.






Step 10:  To make the flower on the box, I cut out different sized flower petals and curled them with the help of a pencil. I stuck them all together as shown. 



First make a rough big flower.

Stick a smaller flower in the big one.

Keep doing the same thing till you have the desired detail!



   Step 11: To finish decorating my cover, I pasted the flower and added ribbons! 






No comments:

Post a Comment